Saturday, September 27, 2003

Illuminated Manuscripts
Back on May the 2nd I mentioned that I'd like to try my hand at illuminating Bible verses. Well this afternoon, my eldest and I went to Hobby Lobby and bought a couple of calligraphy pens, several colors of ink, and two hardback sketchbooks with acid free paper, so we could get started. After we got home, I did Psalm 1, and I'm planning on doing all the Psalms as I have time. I'd post a picture of it if I had a way of getting photos online. While I certainly hope to improve with practice, I think it's not too shabby for a first effort.

Valerie, you should just do it! I spent about an hour playing around with the pens and trying out lettering styles and practicing flourishes, then later when I had another hour, I did the whole Psalm - it was so soothing. If I can find time to do it, you can, too!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!