Friday, December 19, 2003

In an effort to justify my position as Clog in the Machine on the Discoshaman's blogroll, I have sent my first letter to the editor of Reader's Digest.

I was interested to note your statistic that fully "7% of U.S. households are married couples with kids where just the husband works." As a housewife and homeshooling mom of seven whose husband brings in the family's sole income, I imagine this figure is ridiculously high. Of all the single income families I know, I cannot think of one where the husband holds down a paying job, and does all the housework and child care while his wife spends her life on the couch watching soaps and eating bon bons.

As an added cloggish touch, in the information field requesting my first name, I put "Mrs. Michael."

Although I have been published once before (my only other foray into the world of letters-to-editors being addressed to the Montgomery Times and quoting the entire text of the Mayflower Compact in order to refute some wise soul who claimed we can have no idea what the Compact said), I will be just tickled pink if RD publishes my letter.

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!