Friday, January 23, 2004

I had my suspicions and they've been confirmed. Last night I found out for sure why all the Matrix fans in the blogosphere neglected to comment on the latest installment. It was just a pointless movie.

Or rather, the point was that there is no point, there is only choice - and it doesn't really matter what your choice is, just so long as you choose. Classic existentialism neatly wrapped in eastern mysticism, schizophrenically beribboned with Biblical names.

Did you noticed the Yin/Yang earrings the Oracle was wearing? By the time she mentioned that everything was about balancing out the equation, we'd figured out the story would end. Or rather, where the movie would stop, since there was no end, only choice.

But thank God that his story has a point!

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen. (Matthew 28:18-20)

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!