Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Loving work
In a biography of Laura Ingalls Wilder, I once read that she loved to do housework. I don't know how you get that, but I sure wish I had it.

Housework is not something I enjoy; it's usually a duty, or at best, a means to an end - having a pretty place to sit and enjoy a cup of coffee and a good book, being able to invite someone home from church on the spur of the moment, knowing where things are so I don't have to look for them... I've never enjoyed the work itself.

Except for one thing: vacuuming. I love to vacuum. I guess it's because the noise sort of envelopes me and I don't have to keep my mind on the task so I can daydream or think about something Important, that I like doing it. And I've noticed something - vacuuming is the one job that the kids always ask me if they can have!

If any of you ladies can let me in on the secret to loving housework, please do so!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!