Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Sewing
That's why I'm not online much these days. :-)

I made Easter dresses for the two youngest girls (and petticoats for Grace and Mosey, plus a slip for Lilian) this year, and I got so used to having something to do with my hands whenever we sit down just to talk, or to listen to a sermon online, that I had to get myself another few projects lined up to keep me busy with - well, that and we needed new summer clothes! I've found that the more I sew the more I enjoy it.

My current projects are two everyday dresses for myself in lightweight cottons, and T-shirt dresses for the youngest. This is the easy way to make cute play dresses for little girls - you just cut the bottom off of a t-shirt and gather a rectangle of fabric and sew it on for a skirt. I bought Madras plaids and calicos from Wal-Mart to go with various pink, blue, green, white, and yellow t-shirts for the three youngest. I'll be sewing for the two younger ones, and Mosey will be sewing her own.

If I ever find the cable to my camera, I'll upload some pictures!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!