Friday, October 28, 2005

Friday night fun

Five Songs I'm Currently Loving
Elaienar tagged me and wishes me to list my current favourite songs.

THE RULES: List five songs that you are currently loving. It doesn't matter what genre they are from, whether they have words, or even if they're any good, but they must be songs you're really enjoying right now. Post these instructions, the artists, and the songs on your blog, then tag five other bloggers/friends to see what they're listening to.

Most days I don't listen to much music, because I don't tune out sounds very well. Music never stays in the background, consequently I don't like having it on unless I'm able to sit still and devote myself to it, or if I'm doing something that doesn't require much thought. However, here are the first five songs off the top of my head:

1. We just watched "Fellowship of the Ring" again two weeks ago, and I love the music that plays just as the nine walk into the Great Hall of Dwarrow-Delf (music by Howard Shore)

2. The Gloria in excelsis Deo from Vivaldi's Gloria in D (track 1 here)

3. My six-year-old has a beautiful voice and sometimes sings "Castle on a Cloud" from Les Miserables, by Alain Boublil and Claude-Michel Schönberg, Cosette's song

4. O Sacred Head, Now Wounded

5. Um... well, this next one is not one I'm currently loving - more like obssessing over, but I don't remember its name. I think it's a hymn tune and it goes Hm hm hm hm hmmm la da de da daaa... Oh, well, never mind. I'm obssessing over it because it was in a strange dream and I can't get it out of my head. Maybe I should go turn on a really good CD. Bach's Brandenburn concertos usually drive out all negative thoughts.

And now, my victims:
Lois
Maisy
Margaret
Anne
Kristen



~*~ ~*~ ~*~


Quizziness

It 's comforting to say that 'practice makes perfect'....
You are 'Gregg shorthand'. Originally designed to
enable people to write faster, it is also very
useful for writing things which one does not
want other people to read, inasmuch as almost
no one knows shorthand any more.

You know how important it is to do things
efficiently and on time. You also value your
privacy, and (unlike some people) you do not
pretend to be friends with just everyone; that
would be ridiculous. When you do make friends,
you take them seriously, and faithfully keep
what they confide in you to yourself.
Unfortunately, the work which you do (which is
very important, of course) sometimes keeps you
away from social activities, and you are often
lonely. Your problem is that Gregg shorthand
has been obsolete for a long time.


What obsolete skill are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Found at Maisy's blog.

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!