Monday, April 28, 2003

Definition of a Gentleman?
Yesterday afternoon John, my 2 1/2 year old, asked for an orange. After I gave him the peeled orange, he very politely said, "Hank oo, Mama," with a big smile as he always does. I said, "John, you are such a gentleman; you are always sweet to Mama."

"I sweet to Mama?"

"Yes, you are." John brings flowers to me almost every day. He always comes to me with a big smile and a hug when he wakes up from his nap, and he always says, "Hank oo, Mama," when I do anything for him.

John thought about this for a moment while chewing his orange, then he said, "I mean to montsuhs! [monsters]."

My three boys spend a lot of their free time slaying dragons and fighting orcs in our back yard.

"Yes, you are. You are mean to monsters, but you are sweet to Mama and your sisters."

How's that for a working definition? A gentleman is mean to the monsters and sweet to the ladies. :-)

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!