Tuesday, December 2, 2003

More Christmas preparations
Visiting Dr. G's blog yesterday, I saw his recipe for Plum Pudding on the website. That recipe, with a little bit of info, is in his wife's cookbook, which I gave my oldest on her 14th birthday this year.

I've had plum pudding once before in my life. A college in Arkansas had an annual madrigal dinner at Christmas time and served it. I was invited to the dinner in 1986, I think, and was surprised to find out that plum pudding is not at all like chocolate pudding or even banana pudding; it's more like a muffin - a moist, dense muffin with warm sauce poured over it. It was so rich I couldn't eat the whole thing!

I'm a couple of days behind on the traditional aspect of it, but I have to go to the commissary today anyway, so I think I'll buy the ingredients and try to make this treat.

At his blog, Dr. G gives more history of Stir-up Sunday, plus some info on St. Andrew, and a quote, "Chesterton and Christmas Pudding," so I'd recommend reading it, if you haven't already done so. The post is dated November 29.

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!