Saturday, June 5, 2004

Friday Five a day late
...but, hey, I just saw it over at Donna's blog and it looks like fun! First, to quote Donna, "Time for a little silly fun. The Friday five site has closed so I searched around and found one I liked. I do not know what the kabalarians site is all about...just ignore the philosophy and see if your name describes you. Mine was eerily right on."

The Name Game

1. Is the name you have now the same name that's on your birth certificate? If not, what's changed?
My last name changed 16 years ago when I got married.

2. If you could change your name (first, middle and/or last), what would it be?
I wouldn't. After so many years with it, I finally got used to it, which is to say, when I was younger I hated being called Kelly so I planned on making everyone call me Diane (my middle name) when I went to college. Also, I planned on using "Diana Kelly" as a stage name (Ha! Betcha didn't know that about me, didja?), or "Kelly McConnell" (my mom's maiden name) as a pen name. As it worked out, I'm happy being Mrs. Joseph Michael Cumbee, so I'm not making any changes.

3. Why were you named what you were? (Is there a story behind it? Who specifically was responsible for naming you?)
Oh, this is a funny one. My parents couldn't agree on a name when I was born, so I came home from the hospital as "Girl Pyle" and at some point my dad got his college alumni newsletter in the mail, which contained a birth announcement - another alumnus had just had a baby girl and named her "Kelly Diane," and my parents said, "That sounds good," and changed my birth certificate to reflect that.

4. Are there any names you really hate or love? What are they and why?I think I've used all the names I love for my children's names. The only one I haven't used yet is Margaret Hope, and if God ever gives us another girl, that will be her name. When I was expecting baby #5, I thought if I had twin girls I'd name them Lilian and Elisabeth and call them Lily and Libby. Isn't that cute? I also love Phinehas, but DH hates it, so it will never get used.

5. Is the analysis of your name at kabalarians.com accurate? How or how isn't it?
"You find it difficult to systematize your efforts and to fulfil your obligations and plans as you are not inclined to apply yourself consistently to a job to reach your goals. Although you appear positive, you inwardly lack self-confidence and will-power." Oooh, ouch!

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!