Thursday, July 1, 2004

Thursday's Thankful Thoughts
I thought it would be fun and constructive to post three things every Thursday for which I'm thankful, as part of my learning to thank God for everything. I picked Thursday for several reasons: the alliteration is fun, I was born on a Thursday, Thanksgiving is always on a Thursday... Well, you might as well know that I was born on Thanksgiving - does God have a sense of humor, or what?

So, this week's list (and please note, I didn't make any effort to come up with "spiritual" things here):
1) My dear husband gets up early every single day and goes to work without complaining, even though his workplace is a real drag (Okay, this one's a gimme - every wife is told to be thankful for this, but really, I think Mike is great for sticking with the military for 21 years. I'd've been courtmartialed a long time ago. And besides, it's the first thing I thought of).
2) There's a mourning dove singing outside the window right now.
3) We have air conditioning, and Mike lets me run it as much I want, even though he's not nearly as hot-natured as I am.

I'd love to read what y'all are thankful for today.

:-)

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!