Sunday, June 1, 2008

That's muh boy

Yesterday while we were turning the calendar page over, I mentioned to my little man that his 8th birthday is next month. And that’s when it struck me… he won’t be home for it. My mom and I spent at least an hour on the phone together Saturday going over our upcoming commitments (and they are legion) and planning how to get all the kids out to her house, half-way across the country, for their regular summer visit. We’ll be doing it in two batches, the boys one time and the girls next.

So I told him, “You’ll be at Grandma’s on your birthday this year.”

It fell out this way two years ago too, and I would have thought he’d prefer it that way. But he said, “I’d rather be with you on my birthday… When I’m with you I get tools, but when I’m at Grandma’s I only get toys.”

:-D

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!