Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Bedtime Stories
Mike and the two oldest boys were still at the fellowship hall cleaning up from Wednesday night dinner and Bible study. The two oldest girls had come home with me to help me get the three little ones to bed, and so far two of them were jammied and had their teeth brushed, but John was missing. Searching for him, I heard a little voice coming from my bedroom saying, "It's time for church." I peeked in and saw John holding the almost-life-sized Raggedy Ann doll my mother gave me long ago. Raggedy Ann had my white Sunday purse over her left arm just the way I wear it, and John was placing my straw hat upon her head. "It's time to go to church!" John repeated cheerfully.

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!