Thursday, September 16, 2004

I can't stand it anymore! I must blog!
... so I'm back, even though we're still two weeks away from Michaelmas. I'm just not accomplishing some of the big stuff I'd hoped to get done - like the big organizing jobs and the deep cleaning - the heat just drags me down so much.

But! I have accomplished some reorganization in my weekly schedule. Nathan's speech and occupational therapy are being moved from Tuesday and Thursday mornings to after lunch, plus Katherine's World History 2 class is from 2:30 - 4:30 Tuesday afternoon where her WH1 class was 10:00 - 12:00 Tuesday morning last year. Both of these changes have made the afternoons seem more productive around here. I tend to get most of our schoolwork done in the mornings, and I don't usually have much energy for anything in the afternoons, so this has been a good change. I'm looking for "low energy" work I can do in the afternoons, and one of the things I've been doing is folding laundry while listening to taped history lectures with Stephen.

To celebrate my return I've worked up my own "50 Things I Love" list. I had trouble stopping at fifty, so for this list, I left out the two things I love the most - my God and my family - and I only listed chocolate once. ;-)

~Alfred the Great
~Angels in the Architecture
~anyone lived in a pretty how town
~baby kisses
~Beyond Stateliest Marble
~black olives
~blue salvia growing beside yellow roses
~the Buffalo River
~chocolate!
~cheesecake
~Clovis
~Craftsman-style architecture
~dark wood furniture
~daydreaming
~driving fast
~Ephesians 4
~fall
~fettuccine Alfredo
~fresh pineapple
~hardwood floors
~homemade chocolate chip cookies eaten while hot from the oven and with a tall glass of milk
~Lord Peter Wimsey
~Martha Washington
~Mike's grandmother's hands
~Mr. Knightley
~old-fashioned orange daylilies
~the pearl earrings Mike gave me for Christmas
~planning
~the platform of the Constitution Party
~pretty hats, long swishy skirts, and high heels
~Psalm 24
~Robert E. Lee
~roses
~sailing
~Samuel Adams
~singing the Doxology before supper
~Sir Percy Blakeney
~the soundrack to Les Miserables, especially Jean Valjean's prayer for Marius, "Bring Him Home"
~St. George and the Dragon
~Steve Wilkins' The Lord's Supper and our Children series
~Stonewall Jackson
~So God created man in his own image,
in the image of God created he him;
male and female created he them.

~taking a hot shower after gardening
~Thanksgiving
~unicorns
~the Virginia Reel
~Vivaldi's Gloria
~Walt Disney's "Sleeping Beauty"
~when the pastor holds up the bread and wine and says, "These are the gifts of God for the people of God"
~white lace curtains and bed linens

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!