Thursday, October 20, 2005

Thankful Thursday
(I woke up late this morning and forgot it was Thursday - an evil allergy seems to have attacked me during the night, so I'm very foggy-brained today.)

Blessed be the Lord, who daily loadeth us with benefits, even the God of our salvation. (Psalm 68:19)

As I watch my children grow up, there are so many things to be thankful for. I'm thankful for the developing understanding and sense of humor I see in my almost-fifteen-year-old son and thirteen-year old daughter, who are laughing at all the right parts during the reading of Jane Austen's Northangar Abbey. I'm thankful for the sensitivity I see in my sixteen-year-old daughter who hugs me when I'm getting stressed out, and takes care of countless little tasks when I need a nap. I'm thankful for the affection and camaraderie between the four youngest ones, who do practically everything together.

I'm thankful for my dear husband, who bought me a very nice sewing machine - much nicer than I would have picked out for myself - to replace my defunct older one. Now I can get back to work sewing for the children, and making slipcovers for my living room furniture.

Oh, yes. I'm thankful for Claritin, which usually clears away the allergy-induced brain fog.
:-p

What are y'all thankful for?

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!