Thursday, October 21, 2004

Oh my goodness, I forgot! It's Thursday!
Behold, bless ye the LORD, all ye servants of the LORD, which by night stand in the house of the LORD. Lift up your hands in the sanctuary, and bless the LORD. The LORD that made heaven and earth bless thee out of Zion. (Psalm 134)

1. A funny daughter. Just now when I realized that I hadn't posted my "thankful three" yet, I, in a semi-panic, asked my eldest, "What am I thankful for today?" and she replied, "Food, clothing, and shelter," knowing full well that I was asking for something really specific. Well, it made me laugh, anyway.

2. Liturgical worship. Just this week Psalm 134 made a strong impression on me because of our evening prayers. Most nights we use Evening Prayers from Lutheran Worship and the last thing before the benediction, the leader sings, "Let us bless the Lord." The response is, "Thanks be to God." How awesome is that? God is blessed when we thank him for his many blessings on us!

3. Fall leaves. My youngest are out back right now raking up the leaves then playing in them and raking them up again. Fall always reminds me of being a little girl.

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!