Thursday, January 20, 2005

Against Nutritionity
I'm getting such a kick out of reading and learning from Nourishing Traditions that I'll probably be posting interesting tidbits here, so this post is by way of being a disclaimer. While I do believe that we should be good stewards of everything God has given us, and that one of my primary jobs as a housewife is to look after my family's health, nutrition is not a religion and it is not an end unto itself. I love butter and never use margarine, but I do not "recognize the Divinity in the life-giving qualities of the butter made in June when the cows have arrived for pasturage near the glaciers." Yes, that's a quote from the book - Mrs. Fallon is quoting another book, but there it is.

So, later on, when I'm obsessing about something or other, I hope y'all will remember that I do not think that healthiness is next to godliness, nor do I think that people who don't have the same ideas about food that I have are bad Christians.

No comments :

Post a Comment

What are your thoughts? I love to hear from you!